By Mitchell B. Lerner
- Explores the legacy of Johnson and the historic value of his years as president
- Covers the whole diversity of issues, from the social and civil rights reforms of the nice Society to the elevated American involvement in Vietnam
- Incorporates the dramatic new facts that has come to gentle during the free up of round 8,000 cellphone conversations and conferences that Johnson secretly recorded as President
Read or Download A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best government books
Within the demise of the Grown-Up, Diana West clinically determined the death of Western civilization by way of taking a look at its leader symptom: our lack of ability to turn into adults who render judgments of correct and improper. In American Betrayal, West digs deeper to find the foundation of this malaise and uncovers a physique of lies that american citizens were ended in regard because the near-sacred historical past of global conflict II and its chilly warfare aftermath.
With contributions from the main comprehensive students within the box, this interesting spouse to at least one of America's pivotal presidents assesses Harry S. Truman as a historic determine, baby-kisser, president and strategist. Assembles a few of the most sensible historians of their fields who examine serious elements of the Truman presidency presents new techniques to the historiography of Truman and his regulations incorporates a number of historiographic methodologies
Because the overdue 1830s, the ordinary harbor on the mouth of South Texas' Nueces River has been a middle of nearby maritime exchange. yet through the early 1900s, a typhoon of political wrangling, cronyism, and corruption used to be threatening to scuttle the city's efforts towards securing a in charge deep water port to draw overseas trade to Corpus Christi.
During the last two decades, the position of nationwide parliaments in european affairs has received massive educational awareness. a lot of the literature, even if, has fascinated about parliamentary scrutiny and keep watch over in european affairs. What has a tendency to be often ignored is that the parliamentary conversation functionality is not less than as very important in european politics because the regulate functionality.
- California Politics: A Primer
- Branding Canada: Projecting Canada's Soft Power through Public Diplomacy
- Administrative Law for Public Managers
- Leading the localities: Executive mayors in English local governance
- Unequal Actors in Equalising Institutions: Negotiations in the United Nations General Assembly
Additional info for A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)