By Paul Adelman,Mike Byrne
Give your scholars the simplest probability of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview standards of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and counsel for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for numerous classes including:
- Edexcel: eire and the Union c.1774-1923
- OCR: Britain and eire 1791-1921
Read or Download Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition PDF
Best uk history books
The genuine tale of the area struggle II evacuation portrayed within the Christopher Nolan movie Dunkirk, by means of the number one big apple Times–bestselling writer of Day of Infamy. In may perhaps 1940, the remnants of the French and British armies, damaged through Hitler’s blitzkrieg, retreated to Dunkirk. Hemmed in via overwhelming Nazi energy, the 338,000 males accumulated at the seashore have been all that stood among Hitler and Western Europe.
A desirable examine that uncovers a big point of the heritage of the yank Revolution, this account reveals how the British military that fought the yank Revolutionaries was once, in reality, an Anglo-German military. Arguing that the British Crown had doubts in regards to the willingness of English squaddies to struggle opposed to different English-speaking humans in North the United States, the book details how the duty of delivering troops fell upon the princes of German States, who have been family of England’s ruling kin.
How did the kings of britain and France govern their kingdoms? This quantity, the fabricated from a ten-year foreign venture, brings jointly experts in overdue medieval England and France to discover the a number of mechanisms wherein monarchs exercised their energy within the ultimate centuries of the center a while.
On 18 April 1947, British forces trigger the most important non-nuclear explosion in background. the objective was once a small island within the North Sea, thirty miles off the German coast, which for generations had stood as a logo of Anglo-German clash: Heligoland. a protracted culture of competition used to be to return to an finish the following, within the ruins of Hitler's island fort.
- British Armour in the Normandy Campaign (Military History and Policy)
- Local Government, Local Legislation: Municipal Initiative in Parliament from 1858–1872
- The 100 Best British Ghost Stories
- Talking of the Royal Family
- Scotland and the Caribbean, c.1740-1833: Atlantic Archipelagos (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
Extra resources for Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition