By Russel Tarr,Keith Randell
Give your scholars the easiest likelihood of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review necessities of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every suitable specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for numerous classes including:
- AQA: The Reformation in Europe, c1500-1564
- Edexcel: Luther and the German Reformation c.1515-55
- OCR: The German Reformation and the guideline of Charles V 1500-1559
Read or Download Access to History: Luther and the Reformation in Europe 1500-64 Fourth Edition PDF
Best uk history books
The genuine tale of the realm warfare II evacuation portrayed within the Christopher Nolan movie Dunkirk, by way of the number one big apple Times–bestselling writer of Day of Infamy. In may possibly 1940, the remnants of the French and British armies, damaged by way of Hitler’s blitzkrieg, retreated to Dunkirk. Hemmed in by means of overwhelming Nazi energy, the 338,000 males collected at the seashore have been all that stood among Hitler and Western Europe.
A desirable examine that uncovers a big element of the historical past of the yank Revolution, this account reveals how the British military that fought the yankee Revolutionaries was once, in truth, an Anglo-German military. Arguing that the British Crown had doubts in regards to the willingness of English squaddies to struggle opposed to different English-speaking humans in North the USA, the book details how the duty of delivering troops fell upon the princes of German States, who have been family members of England’s ruling relatives.
How did the kings of britain and France govern their kingdoms? This quantity, the made of a ten-year foreign undertaking, brings jointly experts in past due medieval England and France to discover the a number of mechanisms in which monarchs exercised their strength within the ultimate centuries of the center a while.
On 18 April 1947, British forces trigger the biggest non-nuclear explosion in background. the objective used to be a small island within the North Sea, thirty miles off the German coast, which for generations had stood as an emblem of Anglo-German clash: Heligoland. an extended culture of contention used to be to come back to an finish right here, within the ruins of Hitler's island fort.
- Europeanization of British Defence Policy
- The Campaign for the Sugar Islands, 1759: A Study of Amphibious Warfare (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- Bacteria in Britain, 1880–1939 (Studies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine)
- Britain Since 1945: The People's Peace
- David Ricardo (Great Thinkers in Economics)
- The Shaping of a Community: The Rise and Reformation of the English Parish c.1400–1560 (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
Additional info for Access to History: Luther and the Reformation in Europe 1500-64 Fourth Edition